Skilled Litigator Serving Clients Throughout Tennessee
Unfortunately, not all disputes can be resolved through negotiation or mediation. If you find yourself at an impasse, a civil lawsuit may be your only recourse for protecting your interests and moving forward. At Kuebler and Associates, PLLC, in Chattanooga, our attorney is an aggressive litigator who will do everything possible to secure a favorable outcome in your case.
Whether your conflict involves construction, real estate or personal injury, our team has the experience needed to provide the hands-on representation you deserve. If you are considering pursuing legal action or have been named in a lawsuit, it is imperative that you contact an experienced civil litigation lawyer as soon as possible.
What Is Civil Litigation?
Civil litigation is the court process through which one or more parties seek to resolve a dispute. Civil lawsuits are not criminal matters, though a case can in some situations warrant criminal charges and civil legal action. To initiate civil litigation, the aggrieved party will file a “complaint” with the applicable court. The complaint will name one or more defendants and explain what they did (or did not do) and how their conduct harmed the claimant. The defendant(s) will have an opportunity to respond to, or “answer,” the allegations contained in the complaint. Depending on the substance of the answer, the claimant may also issue an additional “reply.” At this point, the defendant’s legal team may also move to dismiss part or the entirety of the lawsuit.
After pleadings have been entered, the discovery process will begin. Both parties will gather information and testimony, request and review evidence, and conduct depositions. Discovery tends to last until a trial can be scheduled. A civil trial may or may not involve a jury. If there is no jury, the judge will decide the outcome of the case. Similar to criminal proceedings, a civil trial will involve both legal teams delivering opening statements, presenting evidence, interviewing witnesses, and making closing arguments.
At Kuebler and Associates, PLLC, we will confidently guide you through each stage of the process. If necessary, we can also help you explore all appeal options. A civil lawsuit may not necessarily be the best method for resolving your dispute. Mediation is often a more efficient and cost-effective alternative to litigation. In mediation, disputing parties will work with a neutral third party to discuss the issues at hand and attempt to reach an agreeable settlement. Attorney Michael Kuebler is a Tennessee Supreme Court Rule 31-listed Civil Mediator and can conduct sessions as a trained mediator to assist you with these cases.
Representing You In A Wide Range Of Civil Lawsuits
At Kuebler and Associates, PLLC, we are prepared to advocate for you in many types of civil disputes. When you come to our firm for guidance, we will carefully analyze your situation, identify potential legal remedies and offer a straightforward discussion of each strategy’s likelihood of success. Our attorney values open communication in his practice, and you will have direct access to him throughout your case.
We can represent you in cases involving:
- Construction law: With our founder’s extensive background in the construction industry, we are prepared to handle disputes involving breaches of contract, weather delays, construction defects, differing site conditions, mechanic’s liens, compliance issues and more.
- Real estate law: We can fight for both buyers and sellers in cases involving failures to disclose defects, false information, title defects, breaches of contract (including purchase and sale agreements), escrow issues, boundary disputes and other residential and commercial real estate transaction concerns.
- Business law: Our firm assists businesses of all sizes and throughout all stages of their lifecycles. Our services include helping entrepreneurs and business leaders take steps to minimize liability exposure. When litigation is unavoidable, attorney Kuebler is prepared to advocate for businesses in matters involving breaches of contract, personal injury, commercial real estate, corporate conflicts, partnership disputes, misappropriation of trade secrets, intellectual property violations, economic torts and more.
- Personal injury: When someone is injured due to another party’s negligence, they have the right to file a personal injury lawsuit and attempt to recover compensation for damages. Our firm represents both claimants and defendants in personal injury claims involving automobile accidents, dog bites, premises liability incidents, wrongful death and more.
- Estate planning: Certain types of probate conflicts may require litigation to resolve. Interested parties can contest the validity of wills and, in some cases, trusts. We can assist both claimants and personal representatives of the deceased with these matters.
With attorney Kuebler’s years of litigation experience in Chattanooga, you can trust his deep understanding of the local justice system in Tennessee. He will fight tirelessly for a favorable outcome in your case, both in and out of the courtroom.
Call Kuebler and Associates, PLLC, Today
If you face a lawsuit or need to file a suit against someone else, you need to contact an experienced lawyer as soon as possible to get started on your case. To schedule a consultation and learn more about the litigation services we offer at Kuebler and Associates, PLLC, call 423-822-5915 or complete our online contact form.