Sophisticated Legal Support For Your Business
As an experienced business owner, our founder, attorney Michael Kuebler, understands that starting and running a company comes with immense difficulties. At our Chattanooga-based firm, Kuebler and Associates, PLLC, our team strives to offer clients prompt and personalized attention with quick and economical solutions to a variety of business concerns.
Whether you are brand new, adding employees, crossing state lines, looking to resolve a dispute or in need of assistance with contracts, our firm can meet your unique needs. Attorney Kuebler has years of hands-on business experience, so you can trust in his knowledge and skill to protect your business and help you meet your goals.
A Comprehensive Suite Of Commercial Services
Our team passionate about providing you with legal guidance and will work to support your business in all of its endeavors. As a law firm ready to fight for the little guy, we are proud to offer tailored plans with special pricing.
Many LLC owners and members do not have adequate liability protection, potentially putting everything they own at risk. To protect personal assets from claims and lawsuits against your business, you must abide by the law’s formalities and practices to maintain the liability protection your company theoretically gives you. This will involve more than registering your business’s name.
Our firm can assist you with:
- Business formation and liability protection: If you are creating a new business, we can evaluate your goals and recommend the business entity type that best supports them. Also, we are well-versed in forming limited partnerships, limited liability companies (LLCs) and corporations. We will ensure you understand the extent and conditions of the personal liability your business entity confers and complete all applicable formalities.
- Contract drafting and review: If you have been presented with a complicated contract or lease, we can carefully analyze the document’s language and help you understand its content. We can also assist with drafting, negotiating, and finalizing new contracts.
- Angry employees, customers and clients: Did you just get off the phone with someone important to the well-being of your business? No matter the nature of the conflict, we can quickly analyze the situation and walk you through your rights, risks and obligations.
- New equipment: When you purchase new company equipment, you need to have a precise understanding of who exactly owns an asset and what will happen if an ownership dispute develops.
- Insurance: Unexpected liability can sink an otherwise healthy company. No matter your size or industry, every business needs sufficient insurance coverage. Our team can review your operations and recommend the appropriate policy types and levels of coverage.
- Accounting: Many companies are required to make routine financial disclosures to regulatory authorities. We can assist with your books and maintain compliance with all applicable local, state and federal requirements.
- Asset management: We can help you take steps to maximize the value of your company’s assets.
- Manuals: It is almost certainly in your company’s best interests to determine and communicate acceptable standards of conduct. Our team can help your business establish “best practices” through the drafting and implementation of company and employee handbooks.
- Taxes: Your business’s entity type will determine how it is taxed. Our team is familiar with how to prepare limited partnership, LLC and corporate tax returns.
- Payroll procedures: Your company must carefully follow all applicable wage and hour laws to avoid financial penalties and unnecessary liability. We can work with your payroll department to verify compliance at each stage of the process. We can also help your business implement reliable mechanisms and protocols.
No matter the concern you face, you can trust our attorney to be a tireless advocate for your best interests. Our business law firm team understands the unique needs and challenges Chattanooga businesses face. We will work with you to find innovative solutions that keep your bottom line in mind.
Helping You With Business Formation And Organization
If you are forming a business, there are four ways to organize it. The formation that is best for your company depends on many things:
- The size of your business
- How much control you want to have
- Your expected profits and losses
- If you will re-invest your earnings into the business
- If your business will be vulnerable to lawsuits, and more
There are four basic forms of business organization that you may choose depending on your unique circumstances. At Kuebler and Associates, PLLC, we will review your business and goals to help you determine the best path forward.
The four basic forms of business organization are:
- Sole proprietorship – Sometimes known as “individual entrepreneurship,” this type of business formation is suitable for an enterprise that is owned and run by one person, and there is no distinction between the owner and the business entity. The owner pays income tax on their business profits.
- Partnerships – This is when a company is owned and/or run by two or more people or entities. The partners will invest money into the business and will also share the profits and losses of the company.
- Corporations – Sometimes called a “C corp,” a corporation is separate from its owners. It is owned by shareholders and managed by a board of directors who appoint officers who oversee the daily operations of the business. This type of organization offers the most protection to owners because corporations can make a profit and be taxed, are held legally liable, and are separate from owners. This type of structure is more expensive compared to other the others.
- Limited liability company (LLC) – This business formation is a combination of sole proprietorship, partnership and corporation. It offers owners liability protection, a flexible management structure, and there are certain advantages in taxes.
If you are forming a business in Tennessee and are not sure which structure will work best for you, reach out to our experienced Chattanooga business lawyer at Kuebler and Associates, PLLC. You will find a skilled legal advocate and team who proudly serve the people and businesses of Tennessee. We are prepared to help you decide which business structure will work best for you.
Helping Your Business Succeed
Whether you are a new business owner or a seasoned professional, you may need to seek legal help. From formation to dissolution, our firm can provide valuable legal guidance and support throughout the lifecycle of your business. To schedule a consultation at our Chattanooga office, call 423-822-5915 or complete our online contact form to get in touch.